Family Picture

Family Picture

May 8, 2011

MOM


Happy Mother's day! This morning I woke up to my awesome husband holding my sweet little boy. They were both smiling at me and Boston was holding a card that said "mommy" on the front. (What a way to wake up right?) Brock told me that Boston had woken him up early and asked him to write a card for me since he obviously couldn't write it himself. I admit I might have cried just a little bit. I love my boys! I am so grateful to have them and thanks for making this an awesome Mother's day! (thanks Brock for writing the card "for Boston")

Being a mom is an overwhelming and awesome responsibility. Those sweet little people depend on you so much and it is up to you to take care of their needs. I am so humbled to have the chance to be Boston's mom. I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven has trusted me enough to send him to me. I love him so much and I hope that I am a good mom to him.

I'm am very lucky to have so many examples of what a great mom is in my life. I have friends, aunts, cousins, mothers-in-law, grandmas, and most of all my mom! My mom is an amazing woman. She is so giving and always puts her family above herself. There has never been a time when she is too busy to help me or listen to me. If you know me, you know that my mom is my best friend. I can't go a day without talking to my mom. Whether it's just a quick hi or to ask advice I have to talk to her. I have learned everything I know about being a good mom from her. Even now that I'm married and have a house of my own there is nothing like going home and spending time with my mom. My mom and I make a great team! We can do anything when we do it together. Even tasks that I hate (like laundry) are fun when I get to do it with her.

Mom, I know that I will be a good mom if I just do the things I've learned from you! I love you so much and thanks for always being there for me. You are my best friend! I love you Mom!

1 comment:

  1. You made me cry! You are such a sweet person and a great example of a mom to me! That was very sweet of Boston to make you a card!:) So we are for sure comming to utah July 17th-July 26th ish. We really want to get together with you guys for a night!

    ReplyDelete